Friday, June 18, 2010

Well, Here It Is...

So I finally got off my ass (not really) and decided to start up the blog that I've been planning. Mostly it's going to be reviews and me trying not to geek out over Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica and Godzilla too much. I'll also try do some running fun things (such as lazy fill in the blank lists and "of the week" articles) but I imagine it'll be pretty haphazard regardless.
So random thoughts for my first day:
Currently, I'm piping up my mood by watching the oddity that is Catalina Caper, as riffed by Joel and the bots in season two of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'm pretty much twiddling my thumbs trying to put off the general sense of dread before I start up watching last night's episode of Burn Notice. I love the show's pulp epicness with underlying dramatic tones and Jeffrey Donovan's never been greater, sadly, last week's episode had me worried, what with all the forced renewal of tensions and the very downplayed Bruce Campbell who is usually put to great use in the series. Also, a huge screw you to the producers for getting Michael Ironside and then killing him half a minute after he appears in the season premiere.
Here's to hoping for the best, but if the show goes down the can... *shrug* I've got a new season of True Blood, Louis C.K. getting a new show, and... OH, YEAH! Futurama's back! Next Thursday! Hell yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere dude!

    By all means geek our over BSG and Godzilla, and love the running features idea!

    I am following you now, and I expect great things! If you have any questions hit me up over at my blog: http://cine-a-tech.blogspot.com/ or at the JoBlo forum.

    Peace, Love & Rock'n'Roll!

    ReplyDelete